Saturday 9 October 2010

Abhi disfavors word ‘Ash’, says Aish

Latest Updates News Aishwarya Rai Bachchan is tired of people calling her ‘Ash’. And is grateful to hubby Abhishek Bachchan for finally stepping in and making that clear.“I’ve been trying to get rid of that nickname for years,” she says. “It’s so sweet of Abhishek to step in.” He had reportedly asked certain sections of the media to stop referring to the actor as ‘Ash’.

Love was in the air as the actor gushed about her husband and returning to the ramp as showstopper after almost 20 years at Manish Malhotra’s couture show at the HDIL India Couture Week.

“It was easy saying yes to Manish,” she grins. “And I’m sure you think this is all planned because Robot has just been released and Action Replayy is coming up, but I promise you that’s not the case. If you just see the number of SMSes and pings that Manish and I have exchanged over the years about walking for him, you will know that this was really the only opportunity that would have worked out.” At this point, Manish himself chimes in, saying, “And since I work with her so often, it’s easy for me to keep nagging her. We’ve tried so much to make it happen, and finally, this time we succeeded.”

Recalling the last time she showed off her catwalk skills, Aishwarya says, “Since I stopped active modelling, I’ve only walked the ramp for brands I endorse. The last time I remember being in a fashion show was for Shahab Durazi many years ago. But I kept saying that everything feels the same. The chaos backstage, models getting dressed and taking their positions… nothing’s changed.”

While she insists that she wasn’t nervous before taking to the ramp, she is thankful for the moral support. “My mother (Vrinda Rai), husband and mother-in-law (Jaya Bachchan) were all there to support me, so I had to show them my love,” she grins.

Explaining why Abhishek was in the front row instead of being by her side, she says, “We’re both actors and that is our biggest responsibility. Abhishek was busy shooting and we couldn’t take a chance of him being caught up with work and delaying the show. That wouldn’t be fair.”

Considering October 9 will feature a certain Salman Khan’s charity show, Being Human, and have actors like Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif walking the ramp, would Aishwarya consider lending her support? “I will be out of town,” she responds tersely. “Karan (Johar) and Shahab had both asked me to walk for them, but I had to decline. Manish was the only one I was able to make time for.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment